the Dynasty Warriors community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE DYNASTY WARRIORS COMMUNITY HAS MOVED TO WWW.DYNASTY-WARRIORS.NET

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm getting really tired of this

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Etzrel Etneral

I'm getting really tired of this Empty
PostSubject: I'm getting really tired of this   I'm getting really tired of this EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:52 pm

Ok, despite what you believe or might think i have a real life, a job and many more things that are not Guild Wars related. And especially during holidays my game time is very limited.
For the past month i've found new people for the guild, found a new guild for the alliance, found a new host and created our new site, hosted events, getting ready for new events AS A GUILD, and francly i had little help in all that from very few people in all that.
Most of you, as far as i know anyway, wanted 2 basic things from the guild. Activity and help.
1st of all, you can NOT ask for more activity and go offline for 1-2 weeks without a notice, and when you return whine about it!
2nd, we all need help , and you will not get it if you anly ask for it, you need to help a little bit too.

For the last week a lot of people have left, some said why, some didn't. In most cases it was something like "dude, no one was online but me!".
Well, screw you, if you want activity get more people in the guild! I have much more things to do in real life, i don't know if you can't or won't get it but i stopped caring.

Bottom line, i CAN NOT be online every day, for 10+ hours, helping everyone, with every mission/quest/farming, organize events, take care that you all got a good site to help you, give away weapons and/or materials AND do all that on my own, especialy during the freaking HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!

This is becoming a standard issue every 1-2 months, i don't think it will get any better and i'm getting really sick of it, in 2 weeks i will be closing the site, disband the guild and take a real break, cause i fucking earned it. What i will do after that? I have no idea, maybe i will finally accept Cassiopeia's invitation and join LOV. Maybe i'll just wait for Guild Wars 2.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonfellows.spruz.com/
Cao Cao
Admin
Cao Cao

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting really tired of this   I'm getting really tired of this EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:00 am

welcome to my life the past 4 years of my DW GW time. I know how you feel m8. At DW's place it's not getting much better either. We've recruited quite a few new ppl, but also some ppl left during the holidays.. They have holidays, I don't.
I've recruited 2 new officers who said they'd help out in recruitment, so far they've done nothing! 1 has already left again.. is it so hard to ask a bit of help? seems so :/
Back to top Go down
http://dynastywarriors.hyves.nl
Whisper

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting really tired of this   I'm getting really tired of this EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:38 pm

hey guys,

maybe i tell you something you already know, or maybe not Smile

Running a guild is hard work for a leader, but try to get yourself some good officers.
And don't recruit an officer because he tells you he's good, make him officer because you observed him, played with him, talked with him about the guild..

Make someone officer because he likes being in the guild, because he prooved to be helpfull and experienced and because he knows what a leader expects from him.

I'm in the lucky posiition i have a bunch of great officers. I never told them what to do, they just do it...and i know they love the guild just as much as i do..

positive thing about that is that i can go on a holiday, have periods of busy real life, when i'm not online the guild still goes on...

So my advise would be..don't spend your time on helping people , spend your time on finding good officers..It's the best you can do for your guild
Back to top Go down
Etzrel Etneral

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting really tired of this   I'm getting really tired of this EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:48 pm

I do the exact same things that you said Whisper, but i only had 3 officers, the 2 of them(Vadania and Dja Lila) where the helping ones, but holiday times are a little tricky for all of us.
Jerone is a good guy, likes the guild and all that, but he hasn't proved his officer skill so far, not to me anyway.
And i can't expect from the rest to run the guild on holidays, am i? But apparently everyone else expects me to do it, no matter what. Well, i'm taking a break, kicking back and enjoying a nuclear chocolate while playing anything else, besides MMO's.

You know what's worst than caring for your guild? Caring too damn much. Well, i'm done caring.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonfellows.spruz.com/
Noob On Steroid

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting really tired of this   I'm getting really tired of this EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 6:14 am

uh, e-drama :p

on a more serious note, you need more people to run one guild, otherwise it's bound to end in disaster ...
Back to top Go down
Cao Cao
Admin
Cao Cao

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting really tired of this   I'm getting really tired of this EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Noob On Steroid wrote:
you need more people to run one guild

you forgot the magic word willing
Back to top Go down
http://dynastywarriors.hyves.nl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm getting really tired of this   I'm getting really tired of this Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm getting really tired of this
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Dynasty Warriors community :: Guild Wars :: Alliance Discussion-
Jump to: